Board Meeting Reminder for Tue Jan 7th, 20:00 UTC

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sun Jan 5 09:10:40 UTC 2003

Hello,

Presumably there is to be a board meeting this Tuesday, at the usual time;
but there doesn't seem to have been an announcement yet.

So, the meeting should take place on #spi on irc.oftc.net, at 2003-01-07
20:00 UTC. The meeting will probably be closed or adjourned by 21:00
UTC. As Nils appears to still be a member of the board, the quorum for
conducting business remains at six of the eight board members.

The agenda of things for discussion is probably something like:

    1. Approving minutes of last meeting
    2. Report from the treasurer (Branden)
    3. Removal of Nils from the board
    4. Resolution 2002-12-17.wta.1: Charter for the bylaws committee
    5. New board members
    6. eCos Membership
    7. Tax writeoffs / OFTC
    8. Listing in United Way
    9. Accepting Sincere Choice
   10. Copyright assignment (Martin Michlmayr)

Wichert, could you as secretary please make an announcement like this
(indicating time, location and agenda for the meeting -- ideally with
more information on the individual points than there is above) both a
week and two hours in advance of board meetings in future? For those of
us not on the board list, it's very difficult to see what, if anything,
is going on, without regular reports and announcements from the board.

Ean, as VP, could you please ensure that things keep moving ahead? In
particular, why have the board failed to remove Nils from its number?

On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 11:26:22PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> The following plan of action was agreed upon, through consensus:
>     1) Ask Nils to step down as board president, and instead serve as Advisor
>        or Emeritus
> The following time line for the above action plan was agreed upon, through
> consensus:
>     o Immediately carry out 1)
> Any required resolutions for this action plan will be carried out via email votes.

Note that the failure of the board to meet quorum at any time during
October, November or December puts it in technical violation of the
requirement in the by-laws that regular meetings shall be held quarterly.

Cheers,
aj

    ``Australian Linux Lovefest Heads West''
                   -- linux.conf.au, Perth W.A., 22nd-25th January 2003