Board Meeting Reminder for Tue Jan 7th, 20:00 UTC

Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer branden+spi-treasurer at deadbeast.net
Mon Jan 6 20:31:30 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 07:03:39PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> What's wrong to make apologies for assumptions that were grounded in ignorance ?
> Or you don't see making apologies as a motivation ?

I understood in the context of Anthony's other mails to other lists
(i.e. his style of writing email messages), that this is his way of
refusing to have anything more to do with the subject.

Also, note that he didn't apologize for making incorrect assumptions.
He apologized for "interfering" with the Board, which is not something
he was accused of doing.

In short, the apology appeared to me to be insincere, and an
overreaction.

But, hey, maybe I'm wrong.  Anthony doesn't have a gag in his mouth; he
can set me straight if I am.

> [For the record, I was in the same ignorance as Anthony.  For example, I
> received Wichert mail about the Nils removal from the board after aj mail.]

As I said, the ignorance is quite understandable given the lack of
speedy updates from the Board.  The blanket assumption that absolutely
nothing had been done with respect to anything was anywhere from
uncharitable to unwarranted.

--
G. Branden Robinson, Treasurer
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.