[draft] Proposed resolution 2003-01-06.wta.2

David Graham cdlu at pkl.net
Tue Jan 7 16:47:08 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:27:07AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I suggest that it would be better to add some text describing what we
> > want the committee to fix.
>
> Not if we want a standing committee; the existing proposal doesn't
> address that, however.

The existing resolution specifices that it is not a standing committee.
It will be dissolved when its work is done after its report is presented
on time for the July annual meeting. (Final paragraph.)

"The committee will consist of five (5) members selected by the board of
directors,,(sic) all of whom have to be contributing members of SPI. It
will present its proposals in time for the general meeting in July. After
completing its intended purpose the committee will be dissolved."

I don't think it's a good idea to specify what the committee looks at. I
think it'll be necessary for the committee to review every section of the
by-laws and it may find it necessary to propose several minor amendments
for consistency and clarity as well as structure.

David Graham
cdlu at pkl.net