[draft] Proposed resolution 2003-01-06.wta.2

Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer branden+spi-treasurer at deadbeast.net
Tue Jan 7 17:21:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 12:04:26PM -0500, Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 04:47:08PM +0000, David Graham wrote:
> > I don't think it's a good idea to specify what the committee looks at. I
> > think it'll be necessary for the committee to review every section of the
> > by-laws and it may find it necessary to propose several minor amendments
> > for consistency and clarity as well as structure.
>
> I wholeheartedly agree.

Er, well, I guess it's not "wholehearted".  I don't see any harm in
directing the committee *towards* known problematic areas, whereas I do
see harm in discouraging them from looking at certain areas.

Put more simply, I'm happy with Wichert's resolution, with or without
the "b." part of Ian's amendment.  This is because I feel they'll get
the message of "b." whether or not it's part of the charter, but it's
harmless at worst if it is present.

--
G. Branden Robinson, Treasurer
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.