[draft] Proposed resolution 2003-01-06.wta.2

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Jan 7 17:18:02 UTC 2003

Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> writes:

> This committee shall operate openly in view of the public. Subject
> to approval of the board, the committee shall make reasonable procedures

Can you clarify whether "Subject to the approval of the board" means
that "approval by the board must be sought before implementing
procedures" or that "the board may overrule decisions made regarding
operating procedures"?

> The committee will consist of five (5) members selected by the board of
> directors,, all of whom have to be contributing members of SPI. It
> will present its proposals in time for the general meeting in July. After
> completing its intended purpose the committee will be dissolved.

I think a more specific requirement should be made -- perhaps "two
weeks before" the meeting, or even a month before.  This way, members
will have time to read, digest, and comment upon the proposals.