SPI branch in Spain

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo jsogo at debian.org
Thu Jan 9 22:57:40 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 04:40:45PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:18:18PM +0100, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> >   I haven't found anywhere that associations registered in an EU country are
> >   automatically recognized in Spain, about tax deductions. The current law which
>
> Could you register in Spain but use the existing German account?

  I think that capitals can flow freely now within Europe, so it could
  be used this account. The problem is that ay Spanish association is
  required to mantain a sane contability of their financial status, as
  required by the law in back of the tax reduction. I think that's quite
  complicated if sharing that account with other different association.
  And this also means that fees for transferring money are still high.

  So, IMO using that account brings more problems than not using it.

  I have also thought on the problem of having a lot of accounts in
  different countries, but as I see it, this is the only way to reduce
  transfer fees (or to travel with the money in your pocket from one
  ountry to the other ;)

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo at debian.org