SPI branch in Spain

Peter Vandenabeele peter.vandenabeele at mind.be
Fri Jan 10 09:37:46 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:59:45AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:18:18PM +0100, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> >   The other problem is that bank fees for money transfers are quite
> >   high. Although they have reduced since Euro introduction, they're
> >   high and a big load for little donations. EU Comission is right now
> >   pressing banks to reduce them, so they will tend to be lower. Anyway,
> >   this leaves out any country out of the Euro zone.
>
> I have heard (anybody to confirm) that bank fees will be reduced
> starting on 1st July 2003 for the Euro zone. By this date a money transfer
> between for example Spain and Germany should cost the same as a money transfer
> from Spain to Spain.

I can confirm that both for private and for commercial accounts
the fees for Electronic Money Transfer will be the same naitional
or within the EU (I checked explictely with Fortis on that one).

Condition is that the person that sends the money uses the
universal IBAN number for the account of the addressee of the
money. Of course, they compensate that with higher fees for all
money transfers.

Peter