Resolution 2003.01.14.br.1: appointment of by-laws committee members

Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer branden+spi-treasurer at deadbeast.net
Wed Jan 15 15:27:09 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:10:51PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:47:28AM -0500, Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer wrote:
> > The By-laws Committee, as chartered in resolution 2003-01-06.wta.2 of
> > Software in the Public Interest, Inc., shall comprise the following
> > members:
>
> Shouldn't spi-bylaws be notified of this?
>
> Regardless, thanks for acting so quickly on this.

Not sure, strictly speaking.  Traditionally, the Board's email
resolutions and votes have been done only on the -board list without a
CC anywhere else.  I felt it would be courteous to CC -general this time
since the membership is playing a bigger role than it used to, and
there's certainly nothing sensitive about the proposal (if there were,
-private would be a better list to CC).

I am uncomfortable with CCing yet another list, but if you want to make
a case for it, go ahead.

--
G. Branden Robinson, Treasurer
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.