SPI Workshop/Brainstorming Session at Debconf

Benj. Mako Hill mako at debian.org
Fri Jul 11 23:00:52 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 02:41:44PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> > The idea is that the GNOME Foundation and the Apache Foundations
> > appear to have closer relationships to their projects than SPI does to
> > Debian and that this is something that Debian should emulate.[1]
>
> But SPI caters to more than just Debian. Consider the Fresco project, or
> the services we provide for OFTC.

I agree. I also find it problematic. I was presenting this an example
and as something that I'd heard discussed before.

Personally, I lean toward a an SPI with more member projects, and an
established method for the creation of new member projects. I'll write
something up and post it as my own proposal before debconf.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benj. Mako Hill