SPI Workshop/Brainstorming Session at Debconf

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Jul 19 11:21:21 UTC 2003

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 09:12:33PM -0500, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> I know some people will protest and say "what about the projects that
> SPI hosts?". Well, what about it? Is there a problem saying "Debian
> hosts Fresco"? I mean, don't we host the source, bugs, CVS and other
> resources for thousands of other Open Source projects? Take the HURD for
> example. We've virtually become the center of development.

Uhm, no. The Hurd people moved their stuff over to savannah some time
ago, barely using our BTS. Upstream work is not being discussed on
debian-hurd either, just the port.

The same is probably true for most other projects. We keep a BTS, and we
mirror their upstream source, that's all. I wouldn't say we *host* them.

Michael