SPI Workshop/Brainstorming Session at Debconf

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Jul 24 21:40:07 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:29:01PM -0500, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> John, you are still not seeing my point. I am involved in SPI because of
> Debian. The only service that Fresco uses is web hosting provided by
> Purcel, which I host. Therefore, I can tell you definatively that Fresco
> uses yet another service that only exists because of Debian. That is all
> I'm saying.

OK, got that now.  That's not what I understood; sorry for the
misunderstanding.

> Stop trying to paint my donations and participation as some sort of
> threat. It has been done many times over the years and every time it has
> been baseless. Furthermore, it hurts my feelings.

I am not trying to do that.  I merely said that 1) I didn't see why purcel
was relevant to the discussion of the overall mission, and 2) it seemed that
you were claiming a special ability to have say over SPI because you host a
machine.  Given that you say #2 was false, I'll accept your word on that.

I also commented on the Brainfood button thing, suggesting that any requests
of this type should have been made at the time the donations were offered,
rather than in an ex post facto manner.  (This is a general practice that we
should implement.)

I don't see how any of this constitutes attempting to paint your donations
and participation as a threat.  So I misunderstood you; where do you get me
attempting to paint you as a threat out of that?

-- John