Board meeting procedure

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Jul 29 20:12:01 UTC 2003

Previously Ian Jackson wrote:
> No-one followed up to my email, so I assume people didn't think it
> unreasonable, but this last meeting turned into another collosal waste
> of time and IRC argument.

I did request everyone to post resolutions before the meeting,
admittedly somewhat late though.

> 9. There shall be strictly no discussion during the meeting.  Anything
>    that requires more discussion than has taken place before the
>    meeting shall be postponed until next meeting or email voting.  If
>    board members feel the discussion has not been adequate then they
>    should vote NO on the relevant motion.

Is this too strict possibly? This will reduce meetings to voting and
notices. I would like to leave some room to discuss alternate already
proposed resolutions.

> 12. The practice of waiting for guests to state their name during the
>    meeting will cease.  Instead, the Secretary shall start logging the
>    channel 15 minutes before the meeting, and guests will be asked to
>    state their name during that period, or when they arrive if they
>    arrive later.

I might even be able to cobble up a bot to do that for me.

Wichert.