Board meeting procedure

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Jul 30 14:11:41 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 05:29:47PM -0500, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> I am in favor of this proposal and would certainly not shed any tears if
> the entire IRC meeting practice withered away and died. I find email to
> be easier to understand, more self documenting and far more secure than
> IRC. Therefore, I say yes.

One problem we face is the unanimous vote requirement in e-mail right now.
It's also been the subject of some debate as to whether or not it's actually
permissible under the current bylaws.

The draft new bylaws include language to make the mechanics of all this a
lot easier.

Speaking of which, I got no replies to the message yesterday...  I hope that
does not convey no interest.

-- John