Call for votes for SPI board of directors membership election

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Nov 7 14:03:28 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 08:29:18AM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> I disagree. You yourself wrote the resolution that specified the
> "Condorcet election method". Sorry to tell you this, but Debian's method
> is not Condorcet, but modified Condorcet.

As is SPI's method, which uses Cloneproof Schwartz Sequential Dropping,
which was invented by Mike Ossipoff in 2001 [0], some 207 years after
the Marquis de Condorcet's death in 1794.

The "questionable" additions Debian has made to Condorcet are those
that affect supermajority and quorum, not the interpretation of unranked
options.

Cheers,
aj