Amended Resolution

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Oct 9 19:26:12 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 11:06:30AM -0700, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> * The voting shall take place on the Software in the Public Interest
>   web site using the Condorcet election method;

Don't we usually vote by e-mail?

> * The results of the election will be verified and announced by the SPI
>   secretary no more than 7 days after voting has ended.

What happens if this doesn't happen?  Is the election nullified?  Having
this clause in there makes me nervous because we are left with a highly
ambiguous and dangerous situation if, for instance, Wichert gets drunk at a
bar after the election and drunkenly steps in front of a train.  Not that
this would really happen, of course :-)

The point is, we should either suggest a certain direction or specify what
happens of the requirements are not met.

> * The three most preferred candidates, as determined by the method
>   stated above, will be named to the board of directors of Software in
>   the Public Interest, Inc. before the next meeting of the SPI board
>   of directors.

Another question that needs to be clarified is: exactly whic hseats are up
for grabs?  Ian, Joey, and Manoj?