Board of directors membership election

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Fri Oct 24 11:23:17 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 07:18:34PM -0700, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> I'd be happy to further clarify the voting instructions and add a
> little bit of *bold face* to minimise the impact of this type of
> confusion this time around.

This was the problem where if you had 4 options and only voted for AC
then in fact your vote really meant nothing unless it came down to only
A and C?

Why not fix the system so that it makes more sense for humans?
AC means first A then C then B and D equally last. It's what the vast
majority of people would expect. A vote of C means a vote for C only,
with ABD last.

All it takes is to have a rule that states that any unmentioned options
imply all of those options have been put equally last.  Having the same
way as last time is just plain confusing and does not give any
advantages. It's a great way of disenfranchising SPI members.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer