Board of directors membership election

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Fri Oct 24 17:20:09 UTC 2003

wichert at wiggy.net (Wichert Akkerman) writes:

> a fat warning saying 'your vote has no meaning' if people select
> a single option.

In real life, if someone marks only one candidate, it's hard to imagine that
their true intent was to express no preference.

Treating such ballots as worthless seems overly pedantic to me.

The Debian solution of treating all unmarked entries as being of equivalent
weight that is less desired than any marked entries seems like a much more
user-friendly approach.  How about we update SPI documentation and processes
to do that instead?

Bdale