Board of directors membership election

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 25 18:06:24 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 07:53:04PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Bdale Garbee wrote:
> > Treating such ballots as worthless seems overly pedantic to me.
>
> Fact remains that you have to with condorcet since it doesn't allow
> equal ranking of all the other options.

You just need to add the default option after all the votes expressed,
and then you don't care about the ranking of the other options.

So a choice of A, B, C and D being the default option, a vote of A only,
could be interpreted as ADBC, and a vote of CB as CBDA.

Or did i misunderstand something, and this is not the same condorcet we
overdiscussed on the debian-vote list all this past time ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther