HTML mail

Peter S Galbraith GalbraithP at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Thu Oct 30 15:47:10 UTC 2003

Bruce Perens <bruce at perens.com> wrote:

>    OK, we are set to plain text + HTML now. I like using italics and bold
>    once in a while. And here's a picture of my little boy.
>    You'd be seeing Stanley's image here if you weren't living in a cave.
>        Bruce

This is way off-topic, but you're quite wrong Bruce.

Your mixed message had three MIME parts:

 - plain text version of the message
 - HTML version of the same Message
 - jpeg image

It's perfectly possible to view your message as intended with the inline
image without the HTML MIME part.  You can simply send messages in plain
text and include images as MIME parts (either displayed inline or as
attachments).  HTML is *not* needed to send an image.

Further, depending on your MUA, the word *not* above (and again here)
might be displayed as bold.  All without using HTML.  So I don't live
in a cave and I don't send HTML.

Hope this helps!

Peter