Treasurer's report (or lack thereof)

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Dec 7 14:32:43 UTC 2004

David Graham - SPI Secretary writes ("Re: Treasurer's report (or lack thereof)"):
> Are you suggesting that I should do this to all minutes since I became
> secretary?

No.  But previously there was just a heading `Treasurer's Report' with
some facts.  This time we have things like `Bdale Garbee suggests that
the Treasurer's report delivered is not a real Treasurer's report'
which clearly states that a report was delivered and implies it was
just Bdale who criticised it.

> I, three, agree that the treasurer's report from last meeting wasn't, but
> I think we are making progress and I would rather not jinx it with a
> resolution demanding the progress we are making.

I agree with you (having seen Jimmy's mail now).  But I still think
the minutes should be corrected.  Do you have an objection to my
revised wording, which I think is more accurate ?

> While it is not all one report -- it comes in the form of a handful of
> emails from Jimmy and Branden -- it is, at least, the information we are
> after.

Indeed so.

> If the Board so desires, I will start including the entire Treasurer's
> report as an appendix to the minutes - minus account numbers/names.

Yes, please, if that's not too inconvenient.

Ideally I would prefer the reports to be posted to spi-general with
the serial numbers etc. filed off, but if other board members want to
see the full details then it would be unreasonable to ask Jimmy and
Branden to prepare two versions of the report.

Ian.