Not so easy to make donations : why not use Paypal for example ?

Jean-Philippe Georget jpgnews1 at ouvaton.org
Sat Dec 18 10:15:57 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I want to donate some money to Debian project.

I have already donate to the wikimedia project. It is very easy and
clear.

With Debian project and SPI, I think it's too complicated:

 - Firstly, you have to understand well english.

 - Donations in Europe is indicated later on the web page
   http://www.spi-inc.org/donations.

 - Next, I live in France and it seems that the more easy way to
   donate is to use a german bank (always in english... or german)
   http://www.ffis.de/Verein/spi-en.html or
   http://www.ffis.de/Verein/spi-de.html

 - Then I have to think if there is some taxes to pay with it...

With Wikipedia, it took me about 4 minutes (also to go downstairs and
take my credit card) to give some money to the project.  Please see
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising how it is easy with
Paypal (perhaps there is other way to do it).

Thanks for your attention

Jean-Philippe Georget

PS. If you want to answer me please use my email adress. I didn't
subscribe to the list and I hope it's the right on. Sorry if not.
--
Jean-Philippe Georget
jpgnews1 at ouvaton.org