SPI Board elections cleverly concealed on the spi-announce mailing list

Branden Robinson branden at debian.org
Tue Jul 27 16:58:01 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

It's come to my attention that some people have the impression that the SPI
Board Member elections weren't announced.

Well, looking at <URL:
http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-announce/2004/thread.html >, we
see:

# Annual board member elections   Wichert Akkerman[1]
# Call for votes for annual board member elections   Wichert Akkerman[2]

It is true, however, that the announcement of elections is not on the front
page of the SPI web site[3], and it should be.

In my assessment, SPI could use more assistance when it comes to
secretarial and website update issues in particular.  You can help be a
part of the solution.  Vote in the election and attend the next SPI board
meeting, on 3 August at 1900 UTC, in the #spi channel on irc.oftc.net.

Choose your representatives and hold their feet to the fire to ensure that
your organization meets your expectations.  Every Debian Developer is
entitled to a voice.  Many of us have used those voices to express
dissatisfaction with SPI -- it would be good if those same voices could be
used to take action as well.

Thanks for your attention.

(Full disclosure: I'm one of the candidates in this election.)

[1] http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-announce/2004/000085.html
[2] http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-announce/2004/000086.html
[3] http://www.spi-inc.org/

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I am sorry, but what you have
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mistaken for malicious intent is