OpenC++ project

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 15:55:52 UTC 2004

Grzegorz Jakacki wrote, a long time ago:
> My name is Grzegorz Jakacki, I am a team leader of OpenC++ software
> project (opencxx.sourceforge.net). OpenC++ is a mature open-source C++
> program transformation framework, distributed under non-copyleft
> open-source license.

I'm sorry we've spent so long procrastinating.

Can I ask how many developers you currently have working regularly on
your project ?  What other Free Software projects exist that build on
your framework, aside from Synopsis ?  I'm trying to get an idea of
the significance of the project.

> I am writting to solicit information about possibility of winning support
> of Software in Public Interest for OpenC++.

Right.

> Recently I worked together with Stefan Seefeld who is a project leader of
> Synopsis, a project hosted at SPI. Synopsis is in part based on OpenC++,
> and recently Stefan and myself came to conclusion that the common part of
> those two could and should be factored out and extended into reusable
> library, nicknamed OpenC++ Core.

Good.

> As Synopsis is hosted at SPI it would help if OpenC++ Core could be hosted
> here too. Thus my question is how should OpenC++ Core project apply for
> hosting at SPI, what information should it provide to support application,
> and what is an expected timeframe for SPI to decide on this matter.

Are you just looking for CVS hosting, domain hosting, mailing lists,
and the like ?

Thanks,
Ian.