GNUstep project support

David Graham - SPI Secretary cdlu at spi-inc.org
Fri Nov 5 16:41:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Maybe we should avoid the term `representative'.  Both my paragraph
> and yours use it, but it seems to be causing confusion.  There are
> (at least) two kinds of `representative': there's the board Advisor,
> and there's the person (or people) who we acknowledge to be in
> ultimate charge.

Ok, that's a good point.

> I'm trying to think of a suitable wording.  Perhaps:
>
>   4. The GNUstep maintainer, currently Adam Fedor, is recognised by
>      SPI as the authoritative decisionmaker in the GNUstep project.
    .. until informed otherwise by the GNUstep project.
or
    .. at the time of the passing of this resolution.

lest we be bound to this particular statement even if he moves on.

We ought to get this resolution to the point where it can be used as a
cookie-cutter template for future projects joining.

---
David Graham, SPI Secretary
cdlu at spi-inc.org   D5F45889