GNUstep project support

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 17:01:02 UTC 2004

David Graham - SPI Secretary writes ("Re: GNUstep project support"):
> [Ian Jackson:]
> >   4. The GNUstep maintainer, currently Adam Fedor, is recognised by
> >      SPI as the authoritative decisionmaker in the GNUstep project.
>     .. until informed otherwise by the GNUstep project.
> or
>     .. at the time of the passing of this resolution.
> lest we be bound to this particular statement even if he moves on.

The Board's resolutions don't bind the Board, but it would be good not
to give the appearance of inconsistency :-).

I like the latter.  We could shrink it down to moving `currently':

   4. The GNUstep maintainer, Adam Fedor, is recognised by SPI as the
      current authoritative decisionmaker in the GNUstep project.

> We ought to get this resolution to the point where it can be used as a
> cookie-cutter template for future projects joining.

Quite so.

Ian.