making SPI's public mailing lists subscriber-posting-only

Branden Robinson branden at deadbeast.net
Fri Oct 15 04:25:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 04:13:01PM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Please go ahead and do that. I've operated the UserLinux lists as
> subscriber-post-only from day one, and nobody has complained, nor have
> we had a single spam posting.
>
>    Thanks
>
>    Bruce

Bruce,

Please observe my mail headers.

Some MUAs are coded to respect the first of the two headers above; the
second one is for everyone else.

(Before anyone starts to argue that recipients can always filter duplicate
messages on their end -- don't.  The Debian mailing list archives contain
extensive refutations of this reasoning.  That people can also filter spam
doesn't mean it's okay for people to send it in the first place.)

--
G. Branden Robinson, Deputy Treasurer
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
branden at deadbeast.net