Efficient board meetings, revised

John Hasler jhasler at debian.org
Fri Oct 15 21:56:24 UTC 2004

Bruce writes:
> I HATE IRC.

So do I, and I have the additional problem of having a shared dialup that I
cannot tie up arbitrarily.  Occasionally listening in on an SPI meeting is
the only thing I've ever used IRC for.  However, as I am not a board
member, it really doesn't matter.

> The IRC mechanism requires all of the players to be there at the same
> time.

Well, it's still far better than in-person meetings.

There may be legal considerations, too.  IRC might qualify as "meeting",
but I think it quite likely that email would not.
--
John Hasler