Efficient board meetings, revised

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Sat Oct 16 23:20:24 UTC 2004

David Graham - SPI Secretary writes ("Re: Efficient board meetings, revised"):
> Thus my version of this resolution would read:
>
> "The board resolves that resolution 2003-09-01.iwj.1 is stricken from the
> books."

If by the time we get to the meeting you still feel this way, I'd
encourage you to propose an amendment deleting all of the rest of my
resolution.  I'd like to see the board vote one way or the other.

If we can make sure we've said beforehand in discussion everything we
think we're going to say I'd be happy to help with any niggly
drafting/clarification issues.  I'm sure you'll agree that it'll be
important that when we vote on this and its amendments that the agenda
clearly shows what we're voting on and that the board members don't
get confused by the different votes.

I'd be happy if you want to take this to private email; of course I
don't want to seem to be trying to do your job for you ...

Regards,
Ian.