Efficient board meetings, revised

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Oct 25 11:04:17 UTC 2004

John Goerzen writes ("Re: Efficient board meetings, revised"):
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 11:26:11PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > `Being friendly' to someone doesn't mean keeping a dozen or two people
> > waiting for them to type their name.  It means making them feel
>
> What are you talking about?  I do not hold up a meeting waiting for
> guests to state their names.  I have asked them to /msg their name to
> David.  Making that request takes about 5 seconds.  Then we move on.

Yes, that's fine, I'm not saying you did.

My point was that it was the Efficient Board Meetings resolution which
helped abolish the _previous_ practice of waiting for guests to type
their names.  I was arguing that that practice shouldn't be restored.

There's no need for it to be in a formal resolution if it's going to
happen anyway.

Ian.