Branden as DPL

Emanuele Rocca ema at linux.it
Mon Apr 11 11:25:53 UTC 2005

* [ 11-04-05 - 09:08 ] Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>  On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 08:54:22AM +0200, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
>  > * [ 11-04-05 - 03:12 ] Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy at spi-inc.org> wrote:
>  > >  I trust Branden a good deal and have no reason to doubt his integrity,
>  > >  but this new situation raises the possibility of a conflict of interest,
>  > >  or at least the possibility of the appearance of a conflict of interest.
>  > [...]
>  > >  Branden, the board, and the rest of -general's readership: what are your
>  > >  thoughts on this?

>  Until Branden became DPL, it was an academic point so not worth worrying
>  about too much. I'm sure Branden will delegate responsibilities which
>  conflict - no problem there.

FWIW, I trust Branden too. Branden, congratulations for your election.

>  > I am wondering why you point this out now rather than during the voting
>  > time.
>  >
>  See above :)

Well, as an italian (we know something about conflict of interest,
unfortunately), I think that Jimmy's concerns are important.

My intention was to state that such an observation would be better
suited during the voting discussion.
However, since Branden can delegate responsibilities, I agree with
Andrew that there is no problem.

ciao,
	ema