Donations of money: mission impossible

joseba dotakon28 at yahoo.es
Mon Aug 1 14:54:13 UTC 2005

First, sorry my english, i'm not well writer or speaker.

Second; i live in europe, and i decide donate a little money to my
favourite project, debian, to help and to say "thanks". Going throught
web pages i finish in

http://www.spi-inc.org/donations#money

ok, reading terms i see:

"If you have a credit card issued by a financial institution in the
United States, you may use it to make an online donation to SPI via
Network for Good"

ok, im from spain, so i havent any "united states financial institution
card" ok, continuing reading i see

"*Donations in Europe* can be done through our partner in Germany, ffis
e.V. If you are interested in using their bank account (to save
international money transfer costs), please check the instructions for
donating to ffis e.V. <http://www.ffis.de/Verein/spi-en.html>."

Reading i need to make a bank transference to germany, (minimum cost 10
euro) and i need to go to my bank officce to make the international
tranference. Time and cost.

I think it will be easier make a direct credit card donation, paypal or
/and another more cheap and more easy donation sistem, specially to "the
rest of the world" (not USA citizens)

thanks for your time, sorry the inconvenience.