Donations of money: mission impossible

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Aug 3 10:01:39 UTC 2005

joseba writes ("Donations of money:  mission impossible"):
> Reading i need to make a bank transference to germany, (minimum cost 10
> euro) and i need to go to my bank officce to make the international
> tranference. Time and cost.

My understanding was that EU rules require that a
euro-denominated between-eurozone-countries interbank transfer is
required to be no more expensive than a within-country transfer.

Does it normally cost you Eur10 to make a domestic money transfer ?

> I think it will be easier make a direct credit card donation, paypal or
> /and another more cheap and more easy donation sistem, specially to "the
> rest of the world" (not USA citizens)

Perhaps Steve McIntyre's debian-uk should get set up to accept credit
cards.  Our banking system here is one of the most advanced in the
world, so only pretty badly demented, rather than completely fucked
like the American one or, it appears, the situation in Spain.

Ian.