Donations of money: mission impossible

joseba dotakon28 at yahoo.es
Sun Aug 14 11:09:13 UTC 2005

Ian Jackson wrote:

>>Reading i need to make a bank transference to germany, (minimum cost 10
>>euro) and i need to go to my bank officce to make the international
>>tranference. Time and cost.
>>

>My understanding was that EU rules require that a
>euro-denominated between-eurozone-countries interbank transfer is
>required to be no more expensive than a within-country transfer.
>
>Does it normally cost you Eur10 to make a domestic money transfer ?

True, the cost is the same to local bank tranfer , minimun 7€, if i move
a lot of money is a little comission, but in 15€ is the half.

thinking in dontations, the cuantities alwais going to be little, so i
think is the way to make it must to be easy. Go to my bank office , wait
20 minutes, ask for a international tranfer, put the IBAN and other
data, pay 7€ to make a donation of (for example) 20€ is not simple .

>>I think it will be easier make a direct credit card donation, paypal or
>>/and another more cheap and more easy donation sistem, specially to "the
>>rest of the world" (not USA citizens)
>>

>Perhaps Steve McIntyre's debian-uk should get set up to accept credit
>cards.  Our banking system here is one of the most advanced in the
>world, so only pretty badly demented, rather than completely fucked
>like the American one or, it appears, the situation in Spain.

"spain is different"

But not only spain. Debian is used aroun the world , so ucranian, korean
or argentin user can not donate a little money to help his/her favourite
project.

Thanks .