Please moderate the SPI mailing lists

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Jan 19 12:56:15 UTC 2005

After trying to use the web archive to read the SPI mailing lists, I
realise this is a very painful experience due to the amount of spam
sent to the lists.

Please change the list configuration to only allow subscribers direct
access to the lists, and send the rest of the postings for moderation.

If the moderation is done using the listadmin package (available in
Debian Sarge/Sid), the script will take care of filtering out most
spam (assuming spamassassin is used on incoming email), and the job of
moderating the lists will only take a few seconds.

  <URL:http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~kjetilho/hacks/>

(I'm not talking about sensoring the list.  I'm talking about
rejecting spam and allowing real messages into the list.)