Please moderate the SPI mailing lists

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Wed Jan 19 15:02:10 UTC 2005

[Regarding, moderation of posted from non-subscribed addresses].

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, John Hasler wrote:

> I wrote:
>> Excellent idea.  Who is going to do the moderation?
>
> Wichert writes:
>> We've had the discussion before; nobody is willing to do that.
>
> My point exactly.

I don't see a problem with rejecting non-subscribed addresses outright.
This is a discussion list so I think it is fair to require those posting
to be part of the discussion.  Mailman allows a person to subscribe
multiple addresses while only receiving mail at one so those people with
multiple addresses they may post from have options too.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.