SPI 2005 Annual Report Available

Jimmy Kaplowitz treasurer at spi-inc.org
Thu Jul 7 21:39:43 UTC 2005

Hi Petter,

Thanks for your supportive comments about SPI and your careful reading
of the report.

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:11:16PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I've now read the report, looking for a summary on how much money SPI
> holds for the various projects.  I didn't find it.  Is it missing from
> the report?  Please consider including it in next years report.
>
> Where can I find this information on the web?

That information isn't properly pulled together at the moment. The
documents left by previous Treasurers (especially the ones before
Branden) are quite and incomplete. Even since then, we haven't been as
organized as we'd like. All the information is still there, just not
combined into one set of numbers like it should be. Since it seems that
volunteers alone won't have the time to do that properly, we have just
recently chosen a bookkeeping service in New York City, and we will be
working with them over the next year to get our records and processes to
where we need to be in order to be fully functional. We've made a lot of
progress already on our own, and they will help us complete that.

I had to estimate, I'd say that about $40,000 of the money is for
Debian, and about $12,000 is for SPI, with a very tiny amount still left
over from when we were holding money for GNOME. These are just numbers
that I made up right now, so don't go quoting them as fact; it's just to
give you an idea of what John meant when he said that most of our money
is for Debian. Also, we have handled some money for wxWidgets, but all
of that was passed on pretty quickly to the wxMac developers, so we
shouldn't have any of that as of now.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz, SPI Treasurer
treasurer at spi-inc.org