Meeting reminder - tomorrow at 19:00Z

Jimmy Kaplowitz treasurer at spi-inc.org
Mon Sep 19 18:36:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:36:41AM -0400, David Graham - SPI Secretary wrote:
> Reminder: Board meeting tomorrow (Tuesday September 20th) at 19:00 UTC in
> #spi on irc.spi-inc.org.
[...]
> No regrets have been received at this time.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend due to a class from 18:30
UTC until 19:50 UTC. I will have the same conflict in October and won't
be able to make that meeting either if the time and day of the week
remain the same. In November, Daylight Saving Time will move the class
to 19:30 UTC, meaning that I'd have to take care of my bit of the
meeting at the very beginning and rush off after that. I will be just
finishing final exams on either the day before or the day of our
standard December meeting time (Dec 20), so I'm not sure whether I'll be
available. I will probably be on winter break in most of January, so I
won't have classes and will most likely be able to attend the meeting
(but might potentially have something else planned). My class schedule
in February and beyond is currently unknown.

I realize I haven't sent a Treasurer's report yet. It appears that
Branden made no deposits during the month of August, and I am pretty
sure I made either $0 or $10 worth of deposits during that time. (I'll
need to check.) Therefore I should be able to write up a pretty trivial
Treasurer's report later tonight. Branden did, of course, very
commendably and productively deposit three months' worth of checks in
early September, but that will go in the September report delivered next
month.

Quick tax/bookkeeping update: at my meeting with Frank of Mark's
Bookkeeping last month, we signed the engagement letter and handed over
the retainer check, and I gave Frank most of the very few documents in
my possession, primarily records of deposited donations and receipts for
already-reimbursed expenses. The rest of what Frank needs from us, to
the extent that we have it, is in Branden's possession, and so Branden
should be able to tell you the current status of that during the
meeting.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
treasurer at spi-inc.org