Please moderate the SPI mailing lists

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Jan 16 08:58:42 UTC 2006

[Petter Reinholdtsen 2005-01-19]
> Please change the list configuration to only allow subscribers
> direct access to the lists, and send the rest of the postings for
> moderation.

[John Hasler 2005-01-19]
> Excellent idea.  Who is going to do the moderation?

[Wichert Akkerman 2005-01-19]
> We've had the discussion before; nobody is willing to do that.

Hm, I notice that my offer to do the moderation did not make it to the
list, so I guess it is time to try again.

I am willing to do the moderation as long as mailman is used and the
listadmin program from the listadmin debian package continue to work.
Using it, a few more lists to moderate would only increase my
moderation work load by a few seconds.  I already moderate ~10 lists,
and it takes less then 15 seconds every day. :)

I would be glad if I was not the only moderator, of course. :)

(Sorry for breaking the threading, but I'm replying based on info on
the web mail archive. :)