Process problem with the election.

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Jul 14 03:50:50 UTC 2006

Folks,

I am afraid that there's been a process problem with the election.

The secretary, who is in charge of releasing the election platform
announcement, chose to announce my candidacy to spi-general by posting a
very large flame about me.

Now, if this had gone correctly, the secretary would have announced my
candidacy with a nicely-worded statement containing the location of the
platforms of all of the candidates, and a call to begin the vote. Then,
and only then, he might have chosen to engage in debate. Hopefully in a
more civil manner, and in a way that was fair to all candidates.

I think the way this went was unfair to me, and it seems to me that the
election is a bit tainted by it.

I had no idea that I rubbed John so badly, and at least two years of
feeling all seems to have come out at once.

I do not want to reprimand or penalize anyone, I don't want to hurt John
in any way. I just wish I could push reset and make what just happened
go away.

    Thanks

    Bruce