[Spi-private] Bruce's Platform

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Jul 14 16:36:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 09:19:26AM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> > It clearly insinuated that due to John's criticism of you, you felt that you couldn't trust him to run an election.
> It was improper process for an election. Especially the posting on
> spi-general before my platform was posted there. I did not write
> anything about trust.

OK, first off, you do realize by now that I am not secretary and have no
involvement whatsoever with the election process, right?  If not, please
investigate www.spi-inc.org/corporate/board.

Having established that, I have no clue what you are talking about with
"process".  You sent your campaign statement to the secretary, who
posted it to the website like he said he would [1].

Nobody ever promised to post your platform to a mailing list on your
behalf.  If you wanted it posted on a mailing list, you should have
posted it yourself.

Why do you call me on the carpet for replying to a public document about
a candidate?  Why do you expect me to post your election document to a
mailing list?  I am under no obligation to do that, haven't for any
other candidate, never said I would, and don't intend to.  Candidates
can post as they see fit.  I am not your secretary.

In fact, *nobody* said they would post your document to a mailing list
as far as I can tell.

Everything I have said in this thread is as "SPI contributing member"
only, and I said that up front.  Yours here is the first complaint I
have heard from anyone about my objectivity as a member of the SPI board
and president, and frankly, I am not too concerned about it since you
still seem to think I'm secretary.

[1] http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-announce/2006/000132.html

-- John