[Spi-private] Re: Process problem with the election.

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Jul 14 16:41:51 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 12:08:49PM -0400, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> I care a whole lot about SPI -- probably as much as you do. I also
> decided not to run this year because I thought that some new energy and
> the potential for more actively engaged board members would do the
> organization some good. You can read about my own decision not to run
> again this year here:
>
>   http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/freesoftware/20060705-00.html

I'd like to second everything Mako said here.  He wrote a very nice
piece there, that sums up some of the things I was thinking about also.
That article, plus time constraints I see coming up this fall, is
probably what convinced me not to run this year as well.

Mako, you've done a lot of good work for SPI, and I hope you'll be back
on the board someday.

-- John