[Spi-private] Bruce's Platform

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Jul 14 17:16:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 09:44:32AM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:
> > Why do you call me on the carpet for replying to a public document about a candidate?
> Because you did it before the document was made public. You knew that it
> would shortly become public, and you decided to jump the gun and make
> the first public posting of it in what really seems to me to have been a
> pejorative manner.

According to Apache, your platform was last modified on the public
server at:

Last-Modified: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:07:38 GMT

It may well have been live before that.  I don't know.

My message was sent at 2:09 GMT, fully an hour after it had been last
modified.  I wasn't just sitting there waiting for it to be there,
either.  I saw it was, and posted about it.

Once again, I have no idea where you get your conspiratorial notions
from.  Besides, how would I have known the URL if it wasn't public?

telnet www.spi-inc.org http
Trying 193.201.201.105...
Connected to www.spi-inc.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD /secretary/votes/vote5/nominations/BrucePerens.txt HTTP/1.1
Host: www.spi-inc.org
Connection: close

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/4.3.10-16 mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e
Last-Modified: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:07:38 GMT
ETag: "1741eb-80a-4e74ca80"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Connection closed by foreign host.

For part 2, see