[Spi-private] Bruce's Platform

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Jul 14 17:40:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 10:19:36AM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:
> > According to Apache, your platform was last modified on the public
> >
> Not my platform. The vote page at
> http://www.spi-inc.org/secretary/votes/vote5/nominations/ . It appeared
> to me that your email went out before that URL got a link from the vote
> page. It certainly went out before the Secretary's email.

No, it didn't.  I went to the vote page, and clicked on your name.  By
the miracle of modern computing, your platform magically shimmered into
place on my screen!  Not even a puff of smoke!  Just a click and it was
THERE!  Spooky, I tell you!  I'm sure this same process was repeated at
tens of computers around the world!

And, if memory serves, the Secretary's last e-mail about anything
vote-related was two weeks ago, mind you.  He certainly hasn't posted
anything on mailing lists about any specific candidates, and never said
he would.  So, I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, I tire of this game.  I have posted more than ample evidence
that it was public when I posted, and I know that it was because I read
it in public when I posted, at the link the secretary gave.  I have no
idea where you are getting your notions from (a stale cache?), but I
don't care enough about it to continue on this pointless discussion
anymore.

-- John