[Spi-private] Re: Process problem with the election.

Toni Mueller toni at debian.org
Fri Jul 14 09:37:31 UTC 2006

Hello,

[ I left the awkward cross-posting in place ]

On Thu, 13.07.2006 at 21:14:28 -0700, Joshua D. Drake <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Bruce Perens wrote:
> >And that will make my work evangelizing government and other folks
> >outside of the community harder, because we have just given CompTIA and
> >Microsoft excellent ammunition to use in FUDing whether or not the
> >community even cares about the things I'm talking about.
>
> Those that really matter, will look at the record of events whether good
> or bad.

I don't really understand what you want to say there, but while I do
think that Bruce makes a good job for an evangelist, I'm currently
impartial about whether this would also make him a good SPI president.
But the PR stuff *is* very important. We should not underestimate it.

Anyway, I was able to scrape enough neuron activity to extract a
working URL for all platforms, and read them (all), so...

Best,
--Toni++