common ground

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Jul 17 00:05:00 UTC 2006

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> As I said, I did not bring up BSD / GPL for a licensing discussion. It
> was simply a illustration to show fundamental differences in thinking
> about FOSS.
>
> Differences which you are clearly pronouncing for me, thank you :)
Oh come on, Joshua. That's clearly a rhetorical device. What I
demonstrated is that you didn't understand the BSD license, and I did
that to counter the claim of expertise that you used to support your
argument.

BSD folks and GPL proponents share a broad common ground, as do most
Free Software communities. We can rally them to some causes successfully.

    Thanks

    Bruce