Josh Berkus's platform on political activity, was: money handling

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Tue Jul 18 14:36:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 01:30:15PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> SPI becoming a federation seems a fairly major change of
> structure.  How would it be done?  What timetable?

Some would view SPI as a federation already -- that's implied by the
claims that Debian has no legal existance apart from SPI, and possibly
the relationship SPI has had with opensource.org for the entirety of
the latter's existance.

As it stands, I think the situation is pretty ambiguous, and I'm not sure
that's actually harmful for the time being; but if the board want to go
further into issues like patent lobbying, liability protection, or just
supporting more projects, it's probably something that will need to be
clarified during the terms of the board members we're going to elect.

Cheers,
aj