Please submit public SPI lists to gmane.org

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Mar 7 15:53:38 UTC 2006

[Wichert Akkerman]
> Yes, we do :). If we delegate handling of mailinglists to someone I
> want to do the whole thing at once. Which means spamfiltering for
> all lists (except spi-board, unless a board member happens to
> volunteer) and other general listmaster tasks.

I fail to see why it should be impossible to read the spi-general and
other public lists using the gmane archive until all the spi mailing
lists have someone to handle the spam on them.  Are we talking about
the same thing?  I talk about making spi-general and the other public
SPI lists available using NNTP via the Gmane.org service.  As far as I
know, this is completely unrelated to how a mailing list handle spam.
And besides, gmane.org is very good at handling spam on its own, so
the lack of spam handling on the list end do not affect gmane.org at
all.