SPI and the case of dissolution

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Wed Oct 25 16:19:30 UTC 2006

Thanks for the responses!

also sprach Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org> [2006.10.25.1752 +0200]:
> The Associated Project resolution does say that assets are "in
> trust" for the various organziations.   This would imply that we
> are required to consult with each OSS project on what to do with
> their individual assets.   Even if not compelled by law, it's what
> we *would* do.

Right. I think this is enough.

> Also, Swiss lay is going to be substantially different from US
> law; you don't even have the same concept of non-profit
> organizations.  I think you need to consult with an attorney in
> your country.  Please let the DPL or SPI Board know if you need
> help locating one.

I have a lawyer who's taking care of this (for free).

... but all in all it seems like there's not too much to worry here.
I'll just set it up to enable us to transfer everything to SPI at
short notice.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

"heuristic is computer science jargon for 'doesn't actually work.'"
                                                     -- charlie reiman