Election results

Neil McGovern neilm at spi-inc.org
Tue Aug 7 13:29:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 11:58:27AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> However, it's interesting that I think both first-past-the-post and
> alternative vote (also known as instant run-off voting, reportedly
> recommended by Robert's Rules for election-by-mail) would have
> resulted in this same board:

I've done a few others (Borda, Borda Elimination, Minmax, Nanson, Ranked
Pairs, Condorcet (SPI), Condorcet (Debian), Bucklin, IRV, Pluralty) at
http://blog.halon.org.uk/geek/spi/2007-election-results-calcs.html
for those interested

> > 95 votes were received.
>
> Finally, as I understand it, turn-out was 25% of voting members (not
> the 25% of SPI members that some press reported). Why was turn-out so
> low (at least, I think it's low for a vote-by-mail in this type of
> organisation) and what steps will SPI be taking to increase it?

A review of who is a contributing member will be underway shortly.

Neil
--
Neil McGovern
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.