Election results

Neil McGovern neilm at spi-inc.org
Tue Aug 7 15:11:37 UTC 2007

Sure, http://vote.sourceforge.net/

> > > Finally, as I understand it, turn-out was 25% of voting members (not
> > > the 25% of SPI members that some press reported). Why was turn-out so
> > > low (at least, I think it's low for a vote-by-mail in this type of
> > > organisation) and what steps will SPI be taking to increase it?
> >
> > A review of who is a contributing member will be underway shortly.
>
> Does that mean you suspect the turn-out was low because there are too
> many voters and SPI will try to remove/reclassify voting members to
> improve the turn-out proportion?

Yes, as per the by-law's renewal requirements. This has been mentioned
this month in:
<20070713214308.GB2793 at techhouse.org>
<Pine.LNX.4.55.0707161607100.5347 at baffin>
if you need further clarification.

Neil
--
Neil McGovern
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.